Sunday, April 25, 2010

North Carolina to New York

No more streetlights.
The bus' headlights illuminate the towering trees while their silhouette shine against the dark sky. Quiet except for the hum of the engine and the breath of the passengers.
Two hours down seven more to go.
The swaying of the bus has a calming effect, the dark of night is intimidating while also intriguing. The road never ends. Gas stations' glow fill the bus, night eyes are stung by this intrusion.
Can't sleep, the only logical thing to do is sleep and i can't seem to conquer that state of timeless pleasure.
What to do what to do...
I watch the trees, I watch the streets,
We race by.
A break in the Trees, the sky is open.
The stars are beautiful. so Bright.
Ten minute rest at a trucker stop and on the road again we go. Alone on my journey surrounded by strangers, making friends wherever i go.
Where did all the streetlights go?
I'm glad they're gone.

"Be good Jersey"

No comments:

Post a Comment